TENTS AND TREES PUZZLES ONLINE
We like to receive
your suggestions for improvements and additions to this website.
Tents and Trees is a puzzle created by
Léon Balmaekers. You get a grid that represents a campsite.
There are a number of trees on the campsite.
You as a campsite manager must find a spot for the tent of each visitor that meets the following requirements:
- A tree must be immediately next to each tent (diagonal is not allowed).
- In total there are as many tents as trees. So every tent has its own tree.
- The numbers outside the grid indicate how many tents there are in the relevant row or column.
- Tents never touch each other: neither horizontally nor vertically nor diagonally.
- A tent can make contact with multiple trees, but is only connected to one.
Follow the instructions below to solve the tents and trees puzzles from this website.
- LEV: choose your starting level (1 = easy - 2 = advanced - 3 = difficult).
- PUZ: enter the number of the puzzle that you want to make.
- START: this puzzle is now loading.
- Click on a gray box to make it WHITE. This means that there cannot be a TENT here.
- Click on a WHITE box to change it into a TENT.
- Click on a box with a TENT to make it GRAY and neutral again.
- To make it easier, you can click on a TREE to mark it if you have placed the TENT that belongs to that tree. Clicking again will undo this.
- Click ✓ to check the puzzle for errors.
- Click OPL to show the solution of the tents and trees puzzle.